Unfortunately the 2016 Five-a-Side Competition has had to be cancelled. Thank you to those who had applied.
Pine Rivers United proudly holds an annual, off-season Five-A-Side outdoor competition. It is available to players aged 6-16, open seniors and over 35 men and women. The competition is open to players from all clubs and schools. Pine Rivers United is proud to bring off-season football to the local community as part of our commitment to provide football all year round.
ABOUT FIVE A SIDE
- This competition allows players the opportunity to play Football all year round
- Pine Rivers United is proud to provide off-season competitions to the local football community including a social competition for over 35 Men and Women
- Five-A-Side competition gives young players the opportunity to practice what they learned during the season
- Playing football on grass during the off-season is perfect for retaining fitness levels, developing skills and minimising injuries associated with hard surfaces. Players are encouraged to play on grass surfaces as opposed to hard surfaces during the off-season.
- The comp caters for all players. Whether you like playing with your school or team mates, like to have fun and enjoy the social aspect of the game or if you are competitive with a view of making football a profession, our 5-a-side competition has a level which is suitable to you.
- All players are to wear shin pads, football socks and boots.
- Rules for the competition follow the U8/9 small-sided game and the Laws of the Game.
- Field sizes are approximately 25m x 35m.
- Playing time is 15 minute halves with 3 minute half time breaks for ages 6 to 11.
- Playing time is 20 minute halves with 5 minute half time breaks for ages 12 to OVER 35’s.
- Teams nominate 5-8 players in each age group.
- The season lasts for 10 weeks with penalty shootout finals in the final week for selected competitions.
- The first games for the night usually commence around 6.00pm.
- Games cancelled due to poor weather conditions may not be rescheduled.
The competition runs over 2 nights with teams playing once a week on the same night each week. No training is required. You just come on your game night and play as a team. Junior teams will play on Wednesday nights and the senior teams (Open’s and Over 35’s) will play on Friday nights. Generally the younger age groups begin their games earlier in the evening and the older age groups play later in the evening/night. Once the draw is finalised it will advise the time that your team will begin their game.
ALL 5-A-SIDE GAMES WILL BE PLAYED ON THE AT WENDY ALLISON PARK, SAMSONVALE ROAD, STRATHPINE.
Direct deposit information is below
Account Name: Pine Rivers United Football
Account Number: 500543713
Reference: Player Surname & age group
Please email your completed forms and payment reference number to Margaret Turnbull at email@example.com so that she can update our records.